Maps Credit Union More Than Just Savings Photo Contest – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY: To enter, you must be 16 years of age or older with a unique, personal, and valid social security number. Void where prohibited by law. Maps employees, immediate families (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and members of their households (whether related or not) may submit photos but are ineligible to win in this contest.
HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the contest between 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time [“PT”]) on April 22, 2013, and 11:59 p.m. PT on July 15, 2013.
Submit a photo at morethanjustsavings.com between April 22 and July 15, 2013. Members may submit more than one photo. To submit your photo, please follow these steps:
- Take a picture of your car in an interesting location. If license plate information is visible, Maps Credit Union will blur it before the photo is made viewable by the public.)
- Include a brief description of your car, the location, and why it is special. If your car was financed or refinanced through Maps, please note that in the description. Financing through Maps is not a requirement of the contest.
During the submission period, site visitors will be able to “vote up” their favorite photos in the comments for each post. These votes will be part of the selection process used to choose finalists, as described below.
A committee of Maps Credit Union staff will select five (5) finalists based on the following judging criteria:
- Originality and Creativity: 40%
- Adherence to Guidelines: 30%
- Overall Appeal: 20%
- Unofficial Votes during Submission Period: 10%
Finalists will be posted for public voting by July 22, 2012. The public voting period will end at 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31, 2012.
Each site visitor is limited to one (1) vote per day, regardless of platform used. Any use of robotic, macro, programmed, automatic or like voting methods may result in disqualification. Any attempt by an Entrant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Maps Credit Union in their sole discretion, shall give Maps Credit Union the right to disqualify Entrant.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59:59 pm PT on July 15, 2012.
- The person obtaining the Contest ID and uploading the Submission will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one (1) person who owns the email address associated with the Contest ID. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
- Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant produced for this Contest; it must not infringe any party’s intellectual property or other rights; it must be suitable for display and publication on national television (e.g., may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); it must not contain obscene or pornographic material; it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group), it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
- Each Submission must not feature or refer to any financial institution by name other than Maps Credit Union; and it must not feature or reference any names or third party logos, including but not limited to third party names, logos or trademarks on street signs, panoramic views, or clothing such as T-shirts, hats, etc.
- Each Submission must not feature alcohol products, tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, and snuff), contraceptives, feminine hygiene products, fireworks, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries and gambling (including horse or dog racing and products or services related to gambling), or any other content that is determined by Maps Credit Union to be detrimental to its public image.
- Each Submission must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant). Use of any unauthorized copyrighted work may result in disqualification of Submission, in Maps Credit Union’s sole discretion.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of the Terms of Service and these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Terms of Services or these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Maps Credit Union, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for prizes. Maps Credit Union makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for a Finalist Prize. Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time on the Web Site during the Contest Period and/or in Maps Credit Union’s social media pages and channels, in Maps Credit Union’s sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria and does not guarantee selection as a Finalist in the Contest.
By entering this Contest and posting on the morethanjustsavings.com website, Entrants, Finalists and the Grand Prize winner agree to comply with all Official Rules, as stated and agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Maps Credit Union and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from and against any claims made by winners, entrants, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages, or liability due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants, Finalists and the Grand Prize Winner irrevocably grant to Sweepstakes Entities and their agents the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Submission in any way, in any and all media, for any purpose, without limitation, and without consideration to you. Finalists agree to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights and waive all moral rights in Submission. All Contest Entrants further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Maps Credit Union from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, Web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Maps Credit Union infringe on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Submission.
SELECTION OF WINNERS: Potential winner will be selected based on the results from the public voting period. The potential winner will be notified by phone, email, or mail no later than August 15, 2012. If the potential winner cannot be reached within seven days from the first notification attempt or is found to be ineligible to participate in the contest or win the prize, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
PRIZE: Grand Prize (1): $100 cash. The prize in this program may not be used with other offer, promotion, or discount and cannot be earned from or transferred to any other account, or member. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each respective entry and drawing period. The Grand Prize is not transferable prior to award.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Maps Credit Union to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, entry and biographical information, in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR and SPONSOR:
Maps Credit Union
451 Division St. NE
Salem, OR 97301